Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Just who is this "SilverBack" guy?

My legend preceeds me, I know. By now everyone has heard about SilverBack and the destructive path that he is leaving throughout the world. What can I say? Right now I am training for the Nijmegen ruck march in Denmark that takes place next week. I ruck with a 22 pound pack for 25 miles. Every day. For four days. Totaling 100 miles. This is while I am wearing full "Battle Rattle" military gear. To say that I am excited about this is to say that I would love to lick barbed wire. I could also say that I am a fan of sticking toothpicks under my fingernails. I am thrilled and filled with a sense of motivation. Perhaps it was the two scoops of Hooah that I ate this morning. I honestly love the idea and the thrill of it all however (comma) it's gonna hurt. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity. It is also the world's largest organized ruck march. Great, I can add that to my "wall of fame" in my den. A picture of me with 43,000 drunk marchers ( I like to refere to them as "ruckers") looking like I've been through hell.

There is a difference in Ruckers. For instance:
Mother Rucker: The most high speed, low drag rucker of them all.
Dumb Rucker: The guy that didn't train for the march and still came out only to fail miserably due to his lack of planning.
. . . and in the spirit of the movie "Super Troopers" . . .
Pig Rucker: This guy looks like Slimer from "GhostBusters". He's the guy you think will never make it because whenever you see him he is holding a schnitzel in one hand, a beer in the other.

Once this whole thing is over, I will have pics posted of each kind of Rucker. I'm sure by then that I will have found a few more Ruckers.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Nice ruckin post! You know they got humvee's for all that long distance stuff. Even choppers and planes. This isn't vietnam!

SilverBack said...

Now you tell me. What friend you are. You know, you could've talked me out of this.